Friday 23 May 2014

An Introduction...

In this project, we've been given the opportunity to perform at an 'Open Mic Night'. This is a small 'concert' which we've organised to be done at college to an audience.
I've been asked to prepare and perform 3 solo songs and it is vital that I bear in mind the intended audience, the performance space and my own ability. The songs may be from any genre and can either be accompanied by an instrument or a backing track. With this, it would mean that I would need to take responsibility in getting sheet music and/or backing tracks for me to use.

Alongside the rehearsals for this performance, I will need to make a practice diary of my progress in the form of a blog. I will involve audio/video in order to support my developing repertoire and will include strengths and weaknesses along the way, evaluating myself as a performer. Any weaknesses should be supported with targets and/or specific technical exercises in order to improve my musical performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment